Feb 19, 2018
A note from Hallie Kuperman, owner Century Ballroom, The Tin Table
I now know why it’s so important to give blood if you can; because many cannot.
To organize an onsite blood drive we need to collect 30 names in two weeks.
I thought it would be easy to get folks to sign up, but it hasn’t been for many reason, so again that’s why it’s so important to give blood if you can.
There are some restrictions for sure, but not everyone who has a tattoo or piercing or is gay, or has traveled, etc. is excluded.
Please take the time to read this list and see if you CAN donate.
For those who are nervous, the donation part only takes about 10-15 minutes. The most important part is you hydrate and eat food before you donate. You will get time to sit and rest afterwards, they’ll have food available, and they won’t let you donate if they don’t think you can.
Please consider signing up, we’ll keep collecting names – but we need 30 people to get the ball rolling. And please help us spread the word.
Century Ballroom is organizing a blood drive with Bloodworks Northwest
We’d love for you to join us, Monday, February 19, 2018
We’ve chosen this particular day because it lauches us into celebrating
Century Ballroom’s 21st anniversary. Like dance, giving blood is a community need.
WE NEED 30 PEOPLE TO COMMIT IN WRITING BY JAN 8th!
You can SIGN UP at Century Ballroom or The Tin Table – or on our FB page (yes, that counts), and once we get at least 30 people to commit Bloodworks will work with us to schedule the times. PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY!
Thank you in advance!
Hallie Kuperman, Owner, Century Ballroom & The Tin Table
Reasons to donate blood:
- Each donation can save up to 3 lives.
- You or someone you know will need blood.
- To give one pint of blood takes only 10 minutes (you’ll be scheduled for approximately one hour, to do the paperwork, etc.).
- You’ll have your own reasons – mine was knowing I could be of use.
What to Expect:
- Donating blood is Safe and Easy
- Takes 45-60 minutes (ONLY 10-15 of that is giving a pint of blood)
- Most healthy people can donate: https://www.bloodworksnw.org/donate/eligibility#conditions
How to prepare:
- East a good meal
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Feeling healthy
- Bring photo ID
Questions about eligibility? Contact the clinical specialists at Bloodworks Northwest: ClinicalP@BloodWorksNW.org or call (206) 292-2543.
For more information about the donation process and the importance and impact of donating blood check out the following links and share with your colleagues:
- Find answers to questions about blood donation.
- See the difference the gift of blood makes for local patients.
- Look up basic eligibility info.
Bloodworks Northwest is the chosen and sole provider of the blood used in 90+ local hospitals in the Pacific Northwest including the following western Washington hospitals and clinics: UW Medical Centers, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Swedish Medical Centers, Kaiser Permanente, and more!”